Thursday, January 3, 2019

HOW I BOUGHT 3 GOLF CARS IN ONE DAY!

I shared this story on Facebook sometime in October 2018. Decided to migrate it here for keeps.....

Who remembers when people used to win N250,000.00 - N1,000,000.00 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and it looked that that amount could solve all your life's problems?
This was my thinking then and sometime in 2007, while hustling and waiting for NYSC, after graduating from UNIBEN the year before, I used ALL MY MONEY on MTN credit such that I was invited to be on the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game show. Lol.
They had asked me to come with a friend so I went from Warri to Lagos with my main man Fufeyin Benaware.
Now, If you know Fufeyin Benaware well, then I'm sure you already know he's a genius and that's why I chose to go with him.
Benaware was going to be the guy on call for "Phone A Friend" when I get on the hot seat. I needed him close to me, man.
Another good friend, Onoge Tega Ben Otb, who was already doing NYSC in Lagos was going to meet us up. He will also be the one camera will pan to as "family" when I get on the hot seat.
So, on the bus ride from Warri to Lagos, me and Bena were just admiring cars on the road and settled on Volkswagen Golf as the car I was going to buy with my winnings. Choosing the color became the only contentious issue and we were still on this when we arrived Lagos and met with Onoge Tega Ben Otb at the hotel that we were assigned to.
In that year, I was sharing a run down Audi 80 passed down by my dad with all my siblings, so you have to understand that I had to win this money and drive back to Warri with my Volkswagen Golf.
Mind you, I didn't tell one single soul about the real reason why I was going to Lagos. Only Bena and Tega were in the know as they would be involved. I just wanted to surprise everyone with my Volkswagen Golf when I returned to Warri.
Yes, I was secretive like that.
It was a Friday night and I practiced QUESTIONS throughout the night with Bena and Tega. I only just wanted to win N1,000,000.00 and not even the grand price of N10million but with the way I aced the questions, Tega and Bena were sure that I will win the N10 million.
These guys hyped me so much that at this point I was already buying 3 Golf cars from Toyota Bus-Stop in Lagos. One for my mum, one for me, one for my girlfriend. (I can't even remember who was on board then. Lol )
Saturday morning came and 3 of us went to the studio with all the confidence in the world.
I DID NOT MAKE IT PAST "FASTEST FINGERS FIRST"
That is how I returned to Warri using Agofure Motors.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment